Permanent Slicing Operative Position
Salary: £25,245.22 Per Annum
Position Type: 4 on 4 off A & B Shift Pattern, Days
Location: Hu7 Hellsinki Road
Prestige Recruitment are supporting local national business Cranswick Country foods, our client is a speciality producer of delicious foods and is a leading innovator in the industry. Our client looking for someone who works to a high standard both independently or collaboratively as part of a team to join their team in their local facility.
This is a massive opportunity for a real chance of career progression in a well-established national company. At this time, they are restructuring their production process and their line leaders so this opportunity may be limited to a small number of successful applicants. They are hoping begin interviewing suitable candidates from the beginning of next week.
The successful candidate will need to be a key member of the production team slicing meat to the correct weight specification in a safe and hygienic manner.
Role Specification & Requirements
- To be able to use a meat slicer at the planned slicing speed
- Set up the meat slicers, collect meat and fill out all paperwork
- Slice meat to the required weight and number of slices
- Change overs - wash the meatslicers and set up
- Change overs – Clean the area, remove waste bags
- It is also expected that person in this role can ‘weigh’ on the multi-portion and twin portion line at the required speed.
- Sliced meat must be right first time.
- Ensure you carry out tasks to the required standard
- Inform the person running the area if you think there is a potential issue with the quality of the product
- Follow correct personal hygiene procedures
- Operate to a clean (and tidy) as you go policy
- Carry out efficient and effective clean downs when changing over products
- Undertake ‘Basic Food Hygiene’ training.
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Follow safe working practices
- Assist if required with risk assessments
- Report any accidents or dangerous occurrences
- Help the business be environmentally friendly.
- Keeping waste to a minimum (making products right first time)
- Experience of working to set standards and KPIs
- Good standards in English and Maths
- Experience of working in a production environment
- Experience of food safety / Level 2 food safety certificate
- Have a can do attitude, will have try to learn other tasks in the department if required
- Promote good team work – help others.
- Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets
- Undertake any training made available/organised
To inquire about this role, please get in touch with Patryk or Tyler by hitting apply today, or speak to us directly on 01482 382 316 - or via our public number 01482 212 581 (also available to find on Google)