You have created your perfect CV and it has caught a potential employer’s eye. Now the hard part, which many people struggle with The Interview!
The interview is your chance to shine and to put yourself and show that you are the right person for the job, so proper preparation is essential and with this in mind, Prestige Recruitment Specialists have created some tips to help you through this process.
Do your homework on the company and obtain information on what they do make or sell. Go to their website as this will not only tell you about what they do but also any interesting news about the company for example awarded a new contract or if they have won an award.
1. Re-read the job description and remind yourself of what the role involves.
2. Know your CV and work history inside out.
3. On the day of the interview ensure you are smart and arrive 10-15 minutes before the anticipated interview time. Allow enough time for travelling and to take into consideration traffic and parking.
4. Do not chew gum or take your mobile phone with you.
5. Body Language is important so how you express yourself goes far beyond words.
6. The handshake, as stupid as it sounds, is important. A good firm handshake along with eye contact shows a sign of confidence.
7. During the interviews avoid the 'errs' and 'umms' and do not repeat yourself.
8. Try to anticipate questions the interviewer may ask.
9. Prepare to ask questions during the interview about the job role, the company and promote yourself, along the qualities that you possess making you the ideal candidate for the role.
10. Thank the interviewer for their time and for the opportunity.
Remember this is your moment and you never get a second chance to make the right first impression, so good luck.