HULLS WELL KNOWN UK LEADING GIFT AND GADGET OPERATORS LOOKING TO EXPAND ITS TEAM AND ARE LOOKING TO RECRUIT FOR NUMEROUS WAREHOUSE POSITIONS ACROSS ALL SHIFTS WITH FLEXIBILITY TO SUIT ALL READY FOR THE FESTIVE PERIOD!
Are you self-motivated and hardworking? Are you looking for Seasonal work in the run up to Christmas? Whether you are looking for Full time, Part Time odd days or weekends we have the job for you.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client Gift Universe Group Limited who is based in Hull. Gift Universe have stores that are spread across England, Scotland and Wales and also have numerous concessions in place like Hamleys and Selfridges. Also, just like an eccentric relative, Gift Universe like to pop up at Christmas! Our client will open an additional 30+ pop-up shops just for the period making sure that we’re as present as Farther Christmas himself. With all that in mind our client are looking to expand the team for the festive push and have over 80 immediate opportunities for full time, part time, weekends and odd shifts available that could suit your needs for warehouse operatives. Our Client is searching for successful candidates that are reliable, flexible, self-motivated and hardworking, to which could even lead to a permanent opportunity in the New Year.
What we are looking for:
- Applicants to have an attention to detail for quality control and despatch of customers’ orders
- Applicants must be physically fit due to the nature and responsibilities of the role
- Reliable, well-mannered, dependability and have a good absence and timekeeping record
- Conscientious, enthusiastic and willingness towards meeting deadlines
- Work on your own initiative and work well in a team
- Proactive with a desire and attitude to learn and develop
- An excellent attitude towards Health and Safety and will be expected to work at a high standard
- Experience with working in the industry is advantageous but not essential
- Hold a Reach or Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck licence is advantageous but not essential
A warehouse operative role provides a varied work day that includes:
- Assisting with the unloading of vehicles and the checking in of stock
- Sorting and placing materials or items on to racks, and shelves.
- Collecting items from throughout the warehouse, preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule.
- Performing warehouse inventory controls via scanner and or through a computer.
- Stock counting and location checks.
As a warehouse operative you will be working both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets.
This role best suits upbeat and self-motivated individuals who enjoy working systematically and productively. The fast paced and energised environment relies on organisation and efficiency and with so much ground to cover in the line of duty it is important to ensure that you have a moderate level of fitness to enable you to comfortably carry out your tasks.
Picking and packing products can involve a substantial amount of manual handling including bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and lifting. Having a good range of mobility is important to ensure you can work safely within health and safety regulations without placing undue strain on your body.
We Can Offer:
- £8.91 - £9.50 per hour earlies/afternoons & £9.91 – 10.50 per hour Nights
- Earlies; 07:00 – 15:00 Afternoons; 15:00 – 23:00 Nights; 23:00 – 07:00
- Overtime available if requested
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly and supporting working environment
- Training and career progression
If you are looking for an opportunity to earn some good money for the festive period with the continuation of regular work with excellent pay rates and the potential of a full time job with immediate starts then please contact the Warehouse Department on: 01482 212581 to discuss this role or any other vacancies Prestige Recruitment Specialists can offer you or email us your CV to: [email protected] or register immediately on our website to be booked for an immediate interview @ www.prestige-recruitment.com