Prestige Recruitment are working with our prestigious client, a well-established and progressive food manufacturer for the role of Transport Manager.
The main importance of the role is to maximise the performance of the operation by directing the daily, weekly and monthly activities; providing leadership, motivation, training and development of the workforce - with training records regularly updated, executing against customer requirements and operational performance.
The Role -
- Management of scheduling and planning of the transport operation, ensuring vehicle utilisation is maximised and service levels met.
- Recruitment, effective leadership, management and development of drivers and the transport team.
- Budget/cost management.
- Preparation and delivery of KPI's.
- Fleet Management and maintenance - insuring all vehicles are legal and roadworthy, planned and reactive maintenance is carried out on time, insurance is kept up to date and any incidents recorded/reported as required.
- Planning and re-planning routes as customer base grows/changes.
- Operational continuous improvement.
- Setting a good example to staff in both manner and conduct.
- Ensure effective communication processes are established and maintained both externally/internally.
Experience with route planning, dispatch and multi drop is essential.
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for further information. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.