Temporary Sunday Car Boot Sales Steward
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting a Temporary Sunday Car Boot Sales Steward to work in a charitable organisation. The Car Boot Steward will be responsible for supporting the running of the weekly Car Boot Sales. The post holder will be required to work alongside the Car Boot Sale Assistant and volunteers to ensure the event runs smoothly for both traders and the general public.
- Support the Car Boot Sales Assistant at the weekly Car Boot Sales ensuring that they run smoothly for everyone involved.
- At 8.30am open the site to traders and assist with parking/arranging them on the hospice field ensuring there is suitable space around each vehicle, sufficient walkways for customers and emergency accesses are kept clear.
- Control the crowd of public/customers in a safe manner at the field gate ensuring no-one starts shopping until 9.30am.
- Manage car parking and traffic flow throughout the hospice site, ensuring there is sufficient space available for patient visitors and disabled badge holders.
- Open the Car Park facilities on Chamberlain Road (when applicable).
- Be aware of the health and safety of all the traders, customers and staff at the event ensuring that you are familiar with the event risk assessment.
- Ensure that any Fundraising opportunities are maximised and that collection buckets and any necessary banners/posters are clearly visible.
- On occasion assist the Car Boot Assistant to collect the pitch fees from the traders and be responsible for handing all cash (including donations) in to the hospice reception.
- Be responsible for tidying the site after the event, ensuring all litter is removed from the field.
- Liaise with the catering staff to ensure there are adequate catering facilities.
- Work alongside the Car Boot Sale team to ensure any developments/changes are made to keep the event functioning as well as it can be.
- Promote the event as such as possible.
- Work alongside the Car Boot team and Communications & Events team in order to maintain good quality events and donor experience throughout.
The ideal candidate:
- Passion for working in the charity sector.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to talk to, and be understood by, individuals from across the community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Confident, diplomatic and tactful with the ability to deal with the varying requirements of the traders/customers/hospice staff.
- Flexible with the ability to react positively and professionally when plans change.
- Good numeracy skills in order to take cash/give change without a till.
- Able to work unsociable hours i.e. Sunday mornings during the Car Boot season
Hourly rate of pay: £8.21 per hour
Hours of work: Sundays 8.00am to 12.30pm
Term: Temporary (4 months)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.