Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for our prestigious client for the role of Technical/CE Manager. The company import and distribute through safety companies a full range of disposable protective clothing into the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
The Technical/CE Manager will be responsible for management of all Europe-based projects related to the development and CE certification of new and existing CE products, and to manage all technical information and documentation relating to certification including the creation and ongoing maintenance of CE technical files. In this capacity as resident expert in CE testing, certification and design, participation and assistance in CE product development and certification for other global markets will also be required. The position will also be responsible for the establishment of a Europe Quality Assurance process and the achievement of ISO 9000.
• To contribute to sales growth and margin improvement by converting new product ideas into final certified products to be sold in Europe and other markets in a timely and cost effective manner
• To achieve a situation where CE certification of company products is maintained to the latest product standards in advance of standard changes, and to oversee the switching of all current certification to the new PPE regulations in a timely manner.
• To develop a thorough and detailed working knowledge of the CE certification process and the standards relevant to company products in order to continue justification of their position as experts in the field.
• To develop relationships with Notified Bodies and test houses to facilitate timely and cost-effective testing and certification of products, and to move towards taking part in CE committees in order to influence standard development in favour of Company products and policies.
• Create, manage, update and maintain all required CE technical files effectively and see that test results are posted to “Pinpoint” software for easy access by approved
• Maintain a detailed awareness of upcoming and ongoing CE standard developments and changes in order to ensure all product development and certification is maintained to the most recent standard versions, ideally in advance of standard changes rather than following them.
• To manage under the direction of the Research & Development/Technical Manager the entire process of product development including all stages
• To work in cooperation and consultation on CE and other development projects that may benefit from these specific skill sets.
• To set up, manage and operate a basic, documented Quality Control system of testing and spot-checking of incoming product to the Europe warehouse
• If required, to set up and manage appropriate quality assurance systems in order to achieve ISO 9000 certification for the company.
• Manage CE Certification Assistant
• Education – no specific qualifications are required though a good level of basic abilities such as English and maths along with an effective ability to use standard software such as Word, Excel, project management software and Customer management software
• Good knowledge and experience of the PPE and specifically the sale and use of industrial protective clothing for protection against chemicals, flame and heat
• Good knowledge of CE certification process and standards relating to industrial protective clothing
• Some knowledge of woven and nonwoven fabrics used for the manufacture of industrial protective clothing
• Garment and/or textile manufacturing experience not required, but a plus.
• Good writing skills
• Will work out of the UK Office
• Good organisational and project management skills along with an ability to drive projects through in a methodical and structures yet imaginative way.
• Good interpersonal skills – in particular an ability to remain open to new ideas and suggestions, an ability to accept your idea may not be the best along with an ability to understand and assimilate others’ ideas whilst maintaining the focus on what is realistic, cost effective and what actually meets customer needs.
• An ability to understand and present technical ideas and information in a clear way, both written and orally.
• Will be required to travel within the UK and throughout Europe on a regular basis
• International travel to the U.S., China, and Mexico may be required.
• Weekend travel may be required.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience and knowledge.
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 14 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.