Stock Control Manager
Prestige Recruitment are currently working with a leading manufacturer based in West Yorkshire who are looking to recruit an experienced Stock Control Manager.
Manage & support an effective operational process, which ensures accurate integrity of stock and data input.
Ensure the operational processes and compliances are adhered to.
Key Duties and Accountabilities :
• Maintenance and management
• Stock report issues
• Creating an effective working environment building a strong and motivated team.
• Work closely with the site, customer and supplier stock teams, warehouse and related departments, ensuring clarity and consistency
• Daily/weekly/monthly stock takes
• Adherence to customer stock and control procedures
• Reporting all discrepancies in a timely manner
• Maintain a safe working environment which complies with all aspects of the company H&S policies
• Perpetual inventory
• Pallet control
• Strong system control, ensuring adjustments are fully understood and reported
• Stock report issues
• Efficient flow of stock throughout the site
• Dealing with customer and supplier stock enquiries and complaints
• Ensuring accurate records and complete information capture.
• Maintain and expand relationships with existing suppliers.
• Planning and conducting perpetual inventory counts and stock takes.
• Ensuring that staff deal with all stock queries quickly and efficiently
• Preparing and submitting various reports
• Set clear goals and targets for direct reports through the PDR process, recognise good performance and professionally manage poor performance.
• Regularly review and define the capability required in the team and generate career progression opportunities for individuals who have the potential to develop.
• Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, payroll reporting, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
Key Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience of Warehouse Management and Stock Systems
• Proven ability to lead and motivate a team
• Good computer literacy (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
Technical skills and behavioural competencies:
• High level of accuracy and numeracy
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good spoken and written communication skills
• Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Good 'people skills' for working with a range of colleagues and customers
• A willingness to work long hours, often under pressure
• A professional manner
• To be proactive
Prestige Recruitment are acting as an employment agent on behalf of our client.
If you have working in a similar environment and the relevant experience, please submit an up to date copy of your CV.
A short list of CVs will be presented to our client for interview, successful candidates will be contacted within 7 days, if you have not been contacted within this time then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.