Spraying & Field Applications Coordinator Trainee
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for our prestigious client for the role of Spraying & Field Applications Coordinator Trainee
This role is for an organised and self-motivated individual who will operate one of our clients crop sprayers and be trained up to coordinate all spraying and field applications at their Farms. Your daily role will include:
Daily Tasks & Practical Skills
- Exercise good management of time and team members to ensure optimum application windows are met
- Chemical store and fertiliser tank management and organisation including working with the ACCS inspector during inspections
- Oversee stock levels and ensuring chemical is at the right place on the farm for maximum efficiency
- Oversee the maintenance of the sprayers, soil sampler and other applications equipment, ensuring it is always ready to operate when we need it
- Maintain a strong knowledge of GPS equipment and optical crop scanning equipment, keeping up to date with the latest technology and developments
- Working with suppliers of the above-mentioned equipment as required
- Join in with the rest of our team when you are not operating a sprayer
- Working closely with the agronomist and communicating daily when the season requires it
- Crop walking with the agronomist and alone when required, checking for slug damage, disease, weed presence, insects and general crop health
- Receiving recommendations from the agronomist and prioritising applications based on urgency, weather and conditions
- Carry out soil sampling as prescribed by the agronomist, deliver samples and liaise with the lab and ensure results are recorded correctly.
- Full UK driving licence to be held
- PA1, PA2, PA3, PA4s & PA6 as a minimum
- Be able to concentrate fully on the job at hand without distractions such as social media
- BASIS & NRoSO qualified and the ability to maintain registration status
- Industrial forklift and telehandler qualification ticket
This role can also include live in accomodation so reloaction is available.
You will be the lead sprayer and when not spraying with conduct other agi tasks with the opportunity to train up to be a Manager, leading a small team.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.