The main purpose of the role is to ensure the efficient and effective running of specification work associated with the Technical department, under the guidance of the Technical Manager.
- Set up approval for external specifications and relevant technical information in accordance with customer requirements
- Review copy artwork, in line with updated customer technical and labelling policies, and include all regulatory changes that will impact on the accuracy of the pack information and labelling
- Document procedures to ensure that internal and customer compliance is met and the relevant process development practices are adopted
- Reviewing raw material specification content to develop “Gold Standard” specifications for each raw material in order to improve compliance
- Validation of specifications and processes to identify synergies and scope for consolidation through a continuous improvement process
- Operate in compliance with SHE policy to ensure that the working environment remains safe for all employees
- Food safety Level 3
- H&S Awareness Level 2
- Food labelling qualification or equivalent experience
- Good level of computer literacy and experienced in using web based customer specification systems
- Knowledge of writing specifications for retailers in food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of legal labelling legislation and application
- Knowledge & experience of variety of retailer own web based systems
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a high standard of literacy
- Strong attention to detail and level of accuracy
- Team player
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 28 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.