Skilled Production Operatives
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for Skilled Production Operatives on a permanent basis to work within a large food manufacturing business in Hull.
- Under the guidance of the Team Leader, ensure that each product specification and optimum quality standards are followed and any anomalies are reported immediately.
- Ensure equipment is safe prior to and at all times during its use and that all staff under area of control are following safe working practices and correct operating procedures.
- To ensure that any production targets set by the Team Leader are met; or if this is not possible, shortfalls are reported to the relevant person in a timely manner.
- To check products and materials against the required quality standards and temperature to ensure they meet specifications.
- To be able to understand fully all machinery within the high risk area and be familiar with pre-start set up and checks throughout the day e.g. understanding failsafe’s on the x-ray and hourly checks which need to be carried out.
- To report any equipment defects immediately to the Team Leader, Shift Manager and/or engineers. Equipment is not to be operated if unsafe, all defects to be logged on the appropriate tier boards for further action.
- To assist during internal/external audits as required.
- Support in the investigations of any quality related complaints to find true route cause and support with the implementation of corrective and preventive action.
- To maintain high levels of work performance including attendance, timekeeping etc. and ensure staff are following these policies and procedures also.
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, both in terms of people and the local area.
- Attend relevant production meetings, cockpit boards.
- Be able to operate and understand the multi-head weigher and ensure product is being bagged and sealed correctly. Understand how to store component parts correctly so they do not get damaged.
- Understand how to setup and operate a VFF bagger and labeller.
- Understand how to set-up, use and operate the x-ray metal detection machine and ensure verification checks are completed such as fail safe check.
- Highlight to the Team Leader/Engineering department need for maintenance replacement of worn parts.
- Ensure equipment is safe prior to and at all times during its use and that all staff under area of control are following safe working practices and correct operating procedures. Equipment is not to be operated if unsafe, all defects to be logged on the appropriate tier boards for further action.
- Group and site induction.
- Level 2 H&S awareness
- Level 2 Food Safety
Shifts are 4 on 4 off.
Hourly rate - £9.64 per hour
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 29 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.