Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently working with one of our valued clients who are looking for a Shift Manager for their Prepared Breaded Poultry operation, the company is a speciality producer of delicious, cooked poultry ingredients and is a leading innovator in the industry. They create exciting, original products that meet the needs of today's busy consumers. They are proud to be opening a brand new, purpose built, breaded chicken factory and have an exciting opportunity for you to join their team, as Shift Manager.
This is a 4 on 4 off shift pattern covering Days
The Shift Manager will be responsible for the day to day coordination of all retail and bulk operations - including high and low risk. They will be responsible for all retail packing operations across 5 lines for multiple retailers across a variety of SKUSs and ensuring delivery on time and in full to the customers whilst always striving to consistently improve the quality, departmental throughput and performance.
The main duties would include:
· Provide guidance and day to day leadership to the retail and bulk packing team
· Ensuring compliance with all system based processes and procedures within the department
· Train and develop team to ensure continuity of standards, even in the candidates absence
· Work with other department managers to ensure smooth production and delivery of all produce to the finished customer
· Maintain the highest health and safety standards
· Ensure waste is kept to a minimum and second nature is the forefront of the operation
· Any other reasonable requests made by the Directors
The ideal successful candidate would be determined to create and maintain their own standards within the department of a brand new factory and be able to deliver results in a high pressure environment, whilst being able to be flexible and committed to ensure the successful launch of the factory. In return, the role will be rewarding and challenging, and expect to be developed within the role to succeed. Experience within the food manufacturing industry is essential, experience of working with breaded products would be an advantage, the role will suit established Shift Managers as well as experienced Shift Area Leaders who are looking for that next step in their career.