Service Support Administrator
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Service Support Centre Administrator to work within a large public sector organization. The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role and have strong administration skills.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide a first line response to internal enquiries covering a number of subject areas. This will involve delivering a comprehensive human resource administration and transactional service within the organisation, including; resource management, personnel records, payroll, reception, policy document management, Health & Safety, freedom of information, general administrative support, finance. Provide guidance and support to managers and staff on the implementation of associated policies and practices.
KEY ACTIVITY AREAS/MAIN DUTIES
• Provides advice and guidance to all staff/Managers on all policies and procedures in terms of conditions of service for all employees; referring complex matters to Expert Leads as necessary.
• Processes all contractual and payroll documentation associated with appointments, promotions, transfers, sickness absence, duty changes and retirements in a timely manner to meet deadlines; including recording pension details for new starters and leavers.
• Monitors and provides qualitative and quantitative reports on all employee activity, including; contractual availability and response obligations, leave, absence, and returns on staff composition, performance against contract etc. Including all leave arrangements and its associated administration.
• Takes an active role in supporting the administration of recruitment and selection, job evaluation, variations in pay, grievance and disciplinary hearings etc. ensuring the availability and notification of all parties as needed.
• Provide an effective transactional finance service in respect of income and expenditure to the Service.
• Provide a professional “Front of House” service to visitors and callers.
• Management of the Policy and Guidance Note process to ensure that policy owners and contributors are supported effectively to meet Service requirements.
• Produce statistical, benchmark and legislative reports, data and statistics as required by Managers, Senior Officers and external governing bodies.
• Raise clothing and equipment orders and defects as requested by members of the Service; keeping them updated on progress as and when required.
• Provide administrative support to Managers when deemed appropriate by Manager; typing, minute taking etc.
• Provides support for the monitoring of ‘lone working’ i.e. cleaning staff.
• Coordinates requests for PAT testing equipment.
Knowledge and Skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to provide guidance and advice, both verbally and in writing, to managers, staff and internal and external contacts, including and understanding of, and ability to work within, the confidentiality constraints required by the Data Protection Act.
• Well-developed administrative and IT skills to ensure that information systems are maintained and enhanced, with the ability to input, extract, manipulate and present data and reports from the relevant database/system.
• Ability to interpret reports and data and interrogate databases for information when required.
• Excellent organisational skills to ensure that the provision of the service from the Service Support Centre is efficient and effective at all times.
Salary - £19,819 based on a 37 hour week. This is a temporary role that is looking at running through until the end of June.
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists Hull for more information regarding the role. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 20 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.