Senior NPD Technologist
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently looking for two Senior NPD technologists to work within the Grimsby area.
This is a full time permanent position 40 hours per week. Salary up to £35,000 per annum.
Free on site parking.
• Recipe development.
• Sourcing new raw materials / identifying new suppliers / obtaining costs/specifications.
• Sample preparation / distribution to customers.
• Conducting NPD trials (including preparation and reporting).
• Organising nutritional analysis.
• Organising, conducting, and reporting on competitor benchmarking sessions.
• Completing specifications and sample submission forms.
• Reviewing and approving artwork.
• Keeping up to date with the latest food trends.
• Deputise for Head of NPD Manager as required.
• Development and delivery of new product ideas.
• Identifying potential for market growth.
• Responsible for specific customer accounts and the management and delivery of concepts and recipes.
• Responsibility of projects from concept through to launch.
• Developing products with an awareness of current food and consumer trends.
• Working cross functionally to ensure all concepts are costed correctly prior to customer presentations.
• Ensure the NPD process is followed.
• Ensure all development paperwork is completed and up to date.
• Progressing multiple projects through the NPD system from brief to launch, including keeping key personnel aware of any updates.
• Working closely with the commercial teams to ensure product briefs are understood and NPD is fit for purpose.
• Managing the critical path and development process for projects.
• Arranging and conducting factory trials and first production runs with the Production team.
• Participating in the completion of QAS standards for NPD products
• Experience in a similar role is essential.
• Creative thinker and innovative problem solver.
• Able to manage workloads, be flexible and cope with demand to achieve deadlines.
• Good communicator to all levels.
• Passion for food, ingredients and new ideas.
• Flexibility towards working hours.
• Computer literate.