Senior IT Technician
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Senior IT Technician to work in Hull, on an On-going temporary basis (approx. 6-12 months).
Our public sector client are seeking an experienced Senior IT Technician to join their team in order to progress and complete an on-going IT Project within the organisation.
To manage key areas of the technology and environment that delivers agreed ICT Services, ensuring that it complies with relevant standards and performs within agreed targets to deliver a secure platform for the Service to perform its functions.
To act as the 2nd/3rd Line IT specialist, delivering solutions to complex technical issues and supports the ICT work of the overall organisation.
You will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
1. Oversees Data Centre facilities, including environmental monitoring such as heat, humidity, cleanliness, and supports networks, servers, desktops/laptops and operating systems with the focus being to ensure that the ICT Section delivers services to agreed Service Level Agreements.
2. Contributes to the network security model to actively review, monitor and improve network infrastructure security, contributes and leads on a regular programme of self-audit and base-lining by utilising appropriate tools and in conjunction with internal and external penetration testers.
3. Leads on the configuration of hardware, software and networking links and resolves issues referred upwards from ICT User Support Officers.
4. Manages the backup and restore of systems and services to ensure a timely recovery of files and facilities.
5. Advises on the technical specification relating to the development or procurement of new systems or IT infrastructure.
6. Undertakes planning to ensure that service availability and ICT capacity is able to meet current and future requirements.
7. Resolves issues and fixes problems.
8. Co-ordinates and delivers of preventative maintenance and replacement of servers, end-user equipment and peripherals.
9. Sources, evaluates and procures hardware, software and consumables.
10. Provides on-the-job and familiarisation training for colleagues and end-users and provides direction and assistance to colleagues in specific areas of work.
11. Develops and delivers IT services, attending technical workshops and meetings as appropriate.
12. Works alongside users, managers and consortium partners to agree work programmes to deliver their plans with an emphasis on supporting users.
13. The post holder may be required to perform other duties that reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
14. The post holder is required to comply with relevant legislation and policies and procedures of the organisation in the performance of his/her duties. Examples include acting in compliance with the provisions of equal opportunities, data protection and health and safety legislation, policies and procedures so far as they relate to the post and the post holder.
Successful candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- Advanced practitioner with detailed knowledge over a range of computer hardware types (including servers, switches, routers, storage devices, PCs/Laptops) to be able to commission, configure and fix faults by replacing components.
- Advanced practitioner with detailed knowledge on the installation, configuring and fault finding over the range of software products used by the Service, including current and legacy versions of Microsoft Windows Server, McAfee Anti-Virus, Backup Exec, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL.
- Excellent communication skills to discuss user requirements and describe advances in technology that will meet organisational strategies and explain areas of work confidently and in a way that provides reassurance;
- Knowledge in the use and application of the IT Infrastructure Library, which is the IT Industry framework for IT Service Management;
- Advanced level of Numeracy, literacy and PC user to be able to work effectively in highly technical environment.
Pay: £12.85 per hour (Salary exq. £24,717)
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Term: Temporary (6-12 months approx.)
Please note that Prestige Recruitment are acting as an employment agency on behalf of the client.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply for the role please submit your application along with a covering letter stating your current situation and salary expectation.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of candidates compiled to provide to our client. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.