Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer
Based in Beverley, HU17
Full time, permanent role
Salary: ERYC Grade 10-11 - £35-38k per annum
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are recruiting on behalf of the East Riding Council to employ a Senior Civil Engineer to their Environment and Neighbourhood Services Team. This appointed candidate will support the work of the Technical Services team across a full range of traffic management and parking functions including regulations under the Traffic Management Act (TMA), The Road Traffic Regulation Act (RTRA), New Roads and Street Works Act (MRSWA), The Highways Act (HA), Equality Act (EA) and Civil Parking Enforcement (CPE).
The post holder will take a lead role in managing the Traffic Management team, supervising these services including maintenance and also deputise for the Service Manager in their absence.
The appointed candidate will have:
- A minimum of a HNC in civil engineering or equivalent qualification
- Actively studying of hold a relevant management qualification
- A current IOSH certificate or currently working towards one
- Team leadership ability and experience of supervising a team of Engineers
- A proven track record of competence and delivery in the service area profession
- Competence in civil engineering or related post
- Experience in project managing schemes with a value up to £30k
- Extensive and varied experience of project delivery in traffic management and parking
- Proven track record of programme delivery, procurement procedures and financial control of budget and project costs
- Good all round education
- Full clean driving license
- Experience of working with the general public
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- A working broad knowledge of sign design, traffic regulations, traffic related issues and an understanding of traffic law, duties, powers and ability to apply it
- Ability to use IT packages such as Word, Parkmap
- Knowledge of Data collection and presentation methods
- Knowledge of report writing and briefing notes
- Heavy Goods vehicle movement managements, traffic calming measures and techniques, Accident/collision investigation and prevention, civil parking enforcement processes and car park maintenance.
- To act as lead project manager for the team’s work programme including internally and externally funded schemes and projects of varying scale and complexity
- Plays a leading role in ensuring the team’s work programmes are met on time and within budgets.
- Plays a leading role in support of the Service Manager for budgetary control of circa £420k
- Responsibility to advice on, develop and implement and range of measures and schemes within the traffic management and parking area
- To ensure all statutory preparations and procedures are compiles with in accordance with national legislation
- To undertake all consultations with specific user groups, the public, town and parish councils, ward councillors, police and other emergency service
- To use appropriate traffic management and parking techniques to improve the quality of the environment
- To promote, develop, steer and implement/deliver the traffic management team’s projects, proposals and studies to achieve objectives.
- To play a lead role in the implementation of the traffic and parking’s operational polices to ensure corporate, directorate and divisional priorities are achieved.
- To investigate and response to enquires and service reports for service area measures from ERYC ward members, town and parish councils, public bodies and local organisations
- To investigate, respond to and act upon internal and external complaints and disputes to ensure satisfactory outcomes
- To produce detailed reports and deal with correspondence within corporate standards and timescales
- To attend and chair a range of meetings with internal and external stakeholders, giving technical advice as appropriate
- To provide effective advice and information to government organisations such as the Department of Transport
- Ensure the relevant databases, such as Parkmap, are properly developed, updated and maintained
- Overal responsibility of team compliance and health and safety
- To deliver the council’s Technical Services objectives and proposals set out in the local transport plan, service plans and programmes
- Play a lead role in reviewing, developing, implementing and supervising all aspects of the team’s workload within the traffic management and parking sphere.
- To support the Service Manager in the strategic development of Technical Services by the implementation of shared priorities within Streetscene services and to contribute to the Directorate’s policies and procedures.
Duties are not limited to those listed above
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please send your CV to [email protected] or call the Commercial team on 01482 382 301 if you have any queries.
Due to the high volume of CVs we are currently receiving, we are unable to reply to each application. If you have not heard from us within 10 days, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note: Prestige Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer with 30 years of service within the recruitment & staffing sector.