The main purpose of the role will focus primarily on managing the procurement of raw materials, commodities and all business required purchases.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are highly motivated, with strong negotiation and communication skills. You will be a proactive character and a confident decision maker.
- Expedite material to ensure orders are received in full and on time.
- Identifying cost saving strategies without compromising on the quality of the product.
- Overall responsibility for managing replenishment of factory consumables, assess fluctuation and adjust stocking levels while remaining commercially aware.
- Monitoring stock levels and co-ordinating stock takes.
- Ensure that all operations comply with EC, country and company health and safety, and environmental standards
- Work with the business to manage risk in relation to the supply chain and specifically relating to risk to customer deliveries.
- Identification of alternative suppliers
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers/customers/ colleagues when e.g. negotiating and challenging requirements of the business.
- Supplier performance reviews and audits.
- Supplier complaints.
- Minimum MCIPS Level 4 (or working towards).
- Proficient in MS Office software, experience in SAP an advantage.
- Experience of drafting contracts, terms and conditions.
- Operations background/knowledge an advantage.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 28 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.