Refuse & Recycling Driver/Charge hand
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Refuse & Recycling Driver/Charge hand to work within a public sector organisation.
The purpose of the role is to drive and maintain a range of refuse and recycling collection vehicles, whilst supervising, direct mentor and monitor a crew which in turn providing a regular reliable and efficient refuse collection service to the residents of Hull including domestic and trade/recycling waste.
The duties of the role include:
• Supervise, mentor, direct and monitor the refuse collectors.
• Completion of all scheduled daily collections.
• Report missed collections in line with safe practices
• Drive a wide range of vehicles (12, 18 & 26 tonne Large Goods Vehicles)
• Set own risk assessments for the safety of the crew and members of the public in areas of extremely tight access in all weathers
• Vehicle is operated legally at all times (Vehicle weights and waste carried)
• Adhere to all WTD rules and regulations including safety checks for each vehicle operated at the start and the end of each shift.
• Collect empty and return a range of heavy wheeled bin containers from various locations, including domestic and trade properties.
• Responding to queries
• Operate a range of manual, semi-automatic and automatic bin lifting equipment.
• Assist the collectors with loading and unloading Wheeled bin containers
• Provide information and advice to customers on all waste management issues (overloading bins, damage bins and access to other services i.e. bulky items and recycling etc.)
• Operating and being fully responsible for the use of mobile/hand held in cab technology.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Holder of a class 2 (Category C) Driving Licence
• A U.K DQC Card (full CPC)
• Excellent communication/customer service skills
• Smart appearances
• Organised and methodical approach to tasks
• Refuse & Recycling experience is advantageous but not essential
Job Type: Temporary ongoing with an option to go Permanent
Hours of Work: Full Time, Tuesday – Friday 06:45 – 16:30
Please call Chelsea or Craig at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.