Refuse & Recycling Collector
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Refuse & Recycling Collector to work within a public sector organisation.
The purpose of the role is to provide a regular reliable and efficient refuse collection service to the residents of Hull including domestic and trade/recycling waste, and contribute to the completion of the output target of the crew.
The duties of the role include:
• Collect empty and return a range of heavy wheeled bin containers from various locations, including domestic and trade properties.
• Make operational decisions on areas of collection, damage bins (reporting and arranging delivery of new or repair of existing and remove damage bin if necessary) heavy bins (which may damage bin lifting equipment and may result in being consumed by vehicle) and appropriate bin presentation to ensure safe collection, informing customers of any problems, and identifying and faults with equipment.
• Operate a range of manual, semi-automatic and automatic bin lifting equipment.
• Assist in the safe upkeep of the vehicle including daily and weekly maintenance checks and recording vehicle checks, defects, mileage and drivers hours etc.
• Provide advice and assistance to groups who request help with removal of the refuse.
• To enter and exit individually agreed properties removing refuse from and communicating with the elderly, disabled, vulnerable and trade (use of keys/swipe cards) customers, which enquires to 6% of all waste collection services.
• Report to the driver/charge hand of any problems effecting the crew’s performance.
• Provide information and advice to customers on all waste management issues (overloading bins, damage bins and access to other services i.e. bulky items and recycling etc.)
• Operating and being fully responsible for the use of mobile/hand held in cab technology.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of manual and working in an outdoor environment
• Good level of physical fitness and ability to walk up to 15 miles per day
• Excellent communication/customer service skills
• Smart appearances
• Organised and methodical approach to tasks
• Refuse & Recycling experience is advantageous but not essential
Job Type: Temporary ongoing with an option to go Permanent
Hours of Work: Full Time, Tuesday – Friday 06:45 – 16:30
Please call Dawn or Ben at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.