Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant to work for one of our well established and successful clients based in Hull. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, flexible and have excellent organisational skills. They will be delivering a greater insight into purchasing strategy and be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of all aspects of the purchasing function.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Placing daily purchase orders and obtaining acknowledgements.
- Daily review and action of outstanding purchase order report including updating system and liaising with customer services.
- Responsibility as part of the purchasing team to highlight and action potential stock level issues when they are identified.
- Process booking in paperwork and maintain booking in calendar.
- Deal with pricing requests from Sales in a timely manner
- Help improve the flow of communication across the business ensuring customer satisfaction is met.
- Work with other departments to help identify and resolve issues, the issues needs everyone’s focus until the customer has what they want even if you are not responsible for carrying out the resolution.
- Dealing with product / stock queries and the purchasing inbox including liaising with the warehouses.
- NID Process
- Play an active role in dealing with points on the Back-Order Report along with other departments
- Maintain Supplier price files
- Dealing with purchase invoice discrepancies
- Assistance with the preparation and completion of stocktakes.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a Purchasing environment
- Highly organised with the ability to plan and prioritise tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible with a willingness/openness to accommodate additional tasks
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and a desire to succeed
- Good IT skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Excellent time management
- Be polite, energetic and confident
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
Salary: 18,000 to 19,000/annum
Please call Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.