Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust requires a Project Manager to work within the Trust's Improvement Team. The post holder will develop and implement plans and strategies for effectively managing a specific project within the Improvement Team and contributing to improving the quality of services delivered to patients and service users.
Reporting to the Hull University Teaching Hospitals Senior Project Manager and working in close collaboration with Head of Learning and Organisational Development, this is a fixed term appointment for 18 months and is designed to support teaching and experiential learning (i.e. staff delivery of improvement projects during learning) to increase the improvement capability and capacity of nursing and allied health professionals and other staff cohorts at Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
The post-holder will teach and support HUTH staff undertaking quality improvement programmes which will be delivered face to face and online in hospital settings. At a practical level, the post holder will ensure effective quality improvement methods are adapted and applied within project management delivery to aid delivery of the projects falling within the Trust.
The project manager will support delivery of the Improvement Capability and Capacity Programme, underpinned by comprehensive project documentation. The Project Manager will adopt the Hull University Teaching Hospital NHS Trust's reporting and escalation processes for ensuring delivery of these programmes in line with the agreed methodology, reporting, escalation and governance processes.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent experience in healthcare or other professional setting
- Evidence of continued Professional Development
- Project Management experience or equivalent experience in a professional setting
- Ability to develop strong relationships and good communication skills to individuals and large groups.
- Experience in service transformation/Quality Service Improvement and Redesign (QSIR)/lean/six sigma or equivalent improvement methodologies
- Demonstrable experience of managing and delivering projects
- Experience working in a project management role
- Experience of using project documentation or equivalent to document delivery of milestones, key deliverables and performance indicators in a complex multistakeholder environment
For further information on this role please contact the public sector department at Prestige Recruitment Specialists