Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently working with our client, an industry leader in kitchen manufacturing for both the UK and US markets for 35 years, and has now become the UK's fastest growing designer, manufacturer and retailer of fully assembled kitchen cabinets to recruit a Production Supervisor.
Critical purpose of role:
- To organize workflow and monitor employee productivity within a department to ensure goods are produced and shipped efficiently, on time and to standard.
- To support the General Production Manager in day-to-day production and act as a key liaison between the department and upper management.
- Set and clearly communicate goals and deadlines for performance in line with the company’s plans and visions, monitoring daily progress to ensure targets are met at all times.
- Assess staffing resources and effectively organise workflow to ensure all tasks within the department are carried out by a competent member of the team and to the highest standard.
- Co-ordinate cross-training within the department, monitor training requirements and implement training as required.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain personnel records and monitor timekeeping and absences, escalating to management where required.
- Assess and review staff performance, offering feedback, both constructive and positive, to support the professional development of team members.
- Act as a key liaison within the department to clearly communicate updates, targets and any operational changes to the team and feedback suggestions, improvements and concerns from team members to management.
- Monitor and enforce quality standards within the team to meet quality objectives, reporting any issues to management.
- Ensures daily operation of equipment by monitoring performance and calling for repairs as required, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures regarding Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Adhere to procedures regarding the proper use and care of equipment and materials associated with the role.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge in order to effectively perform the role.
Education & Experience:
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines
- Knowledge of products, including raw materials, bought in products and manufactured items.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety standards and compliance.
- Knowledge of machinery and tools.
- Strong computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office.
- Proven experience in a supervisory or relevant role
- Bachelor’s Degree in management or a relevant discipline considered an advantage, though not essential.
- Excellent communication skills
- Performance management
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Co-ordination and control
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Team work
- Stress tolerance
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.