7am - 3pm or 8am - 4pm
25,000 – 30,000 GBP
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are supporting one of our local Hull based clients in finding a Production Planner for ASAP start. Our client is looking for a strong minded individual with fantastic planning, time management and production knowledge skills.
The Production Planner will spear head the supply planning process and production scheduling of food manufacturing.
- Follow the Health and Safety rules which are designed to protect the individual and the workforce as a whole.
- Follow the Food Safety Rules of our client which are designed to ensure that the Company complies with all current EU and UK legislation and the requirements of our Customers.
- Wear the protected clothing and safety equipment provided by our client and ensure that it is clean and in good repair.
- Undertake all general office administrative tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage all incoming communications in relation to production planning.
- Maintain production systems and file as appropriate all departmental and technical records as required.
- Support and collate all relevant audit paperwork as and when required.
- Report all problems to their immediate Line manager or director.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required (This duty is subject to the necessary training having been undertaken)
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks in relation to business needs and to allow the smooth running of the department. (This duty is subject to the necessary training having been undertaken)
Key Responsibilities / Duties or What you will be doing:
- Develop an effective forecast model based on demand patterns.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy.
- Address demand and supply related issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure all relevant administrative duties are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaise with all relevant departments across all businesses.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers.
- Work within the budget for Production and buying departments.
- Produce reports, agendas and minutes for planning meetings.
- Liaise directly with the quality manager, operations manager and assist as required
Key Skills/Experience or What we are looking for:
- Expected 5 G.C.S.E’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above including Maths and English.
- Desirable A ‘Levels in appropriate subjects (or equivalent)
- Experience of using manufacturing systems (SAP)
- Experience of Microsoft word, excel, outlook
- At least 5 years’ experience of working within a production environment.
- At least 3 years’ experience of planning.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- High levels of customer care and support.
Attitude and Behaviours
- A positive and proactive team member who can collaborate in their own team and across the business
- Takes pride in their own work and their contribution to the business
- Happy to go the extra mile when focusing on the customer
- Ability to manage the expectations of customers and suppliers