Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Production Manager to join our client, a Creative Construction, Manufacture & Engineering company.
With over 12,000 square metres of space at our client’s facility, they have the ability to deliver projects at a broad range of scale. At the heart of this operation are three hangars that provide them with the space to innovate, experiment and manufacture.
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently and that project requirements are met, specifically projects are delivered on time, in full, to the required quality whilst adhering to all H&S standards. The Production Manager will work closely with all Production Departments including, Engineering, Drafting and Design, Project Management, Specialist Manufacturing, Machining and report directly to the Head of Production. The role will primarily be focused on day-to-day shop floor management where it is expected that your time will be split approximately 80% on the shop floor & 20% in the office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that project requirements are understood and realised
- Taking an overview of the production processes for given projects
- Implementing production schedules – coordinating with Project Managers and the Head of
- Assessing project and resource requirements and highlighting any issues
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary in conjunction with the Head of Production. Advise on construction methodology if not practical or achievable
- Ensuring that Department Supervisors are aware of any health and safety issues and reporting of incidents as necessary
- Selecting, ordering and purchasing materials
- Actively look for opportunities to improve efficiencies by reducing waste and process
- Ensure that overtime is planned and resources in place to meet demand
- Ensure that all company & statutory systems and procedures are followed with regards to Health & Safety and the Quality Management System
- Excellent Knowledge of materials / grades of steel / metallurgy
- Knowledgeable in construction methods in a broad range of sector Essential
- Working knowledge of wood/metal/CNC machinery / equipment
- Ability to lead a team, problem solve and deal with pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Strong teamworking skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in a multi-disciplined workshop environment
- Experience of leading a team / supervising
- Experience of working to varying production deadlines & changing specifications
Salary: £25,000 to £35,000 DOE
Hours of work: 7.30am – 4.00pm, with regular overtime
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists Hull for more information regarding the role. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 20 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.