Prestige Recruitment are working with our prestigious client, a well-established and progressive Sandwich manufacturer for the role of Production Manager
The primary purpose of the role is to run all operations within High Care, proactively planning resources and activity to ensure each shift is fully prepared in advance with continuous monitoring of ongoing operations and managing of short term issues as they occur during the shift. The Production Manager ensures the operation complies with company systems and procedures and issue structured reports containing key management information.
Key areas of responsibility and standards of performance
• Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety, Food Safety and business policies & systems
• Maintain quality of products to the QAS at all times, suggesting improvements wherever possible
• Planning of staff to ensure the line is adequately staffed through rotas (on a daily basis) and training/recruitment (in the long term) where required for all operative and skilled positions
• Demonstrate control of variable cost base (materials, labour and packaging) at all times
• Completion of compliance documentation on a daily basis. Completion of forward planning tasks and fault reporting on a daily basis.
• To continually demonstrate the company values through the standards they demand from self and others.
• Able to continuously monitor an ongoing process and anticipate the need for intervention before it becomes critical
• Can demonstrate experience of successfully motivating a team of people, developing employees’ skills and delegating tasks where appropriate
• Can operate systems and suggest improvements where appropriate. Able to draw up and execute production plans in a complex environment with multiple raw materials and frequent changeovers
• Able to manage staff rotas in weekly/monthly timeframes and plan accordingly for the requirements of key skill sets. Able to identify and train for key skill gaps where they occur
• Able to work cross functionally and positively influence departments that may have different priorities
• Able to confidently host senior managers, visitors and audits in their area of responsibility
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone (01482 212581). Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.