Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a this position to work within a large food manufacturing organization in the Hull area.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this role will control, manage and improve the packaging purchasing process.
The successful candiate will be versed in building and maintaining key supplier relationships whilist looking to reduce cost and risk within this central function.
The main duties include:
• Negotiating favourable terms with our supplier to ensure we have the greatest flexibility on pricing, supplier stock holding agreements and MOQ’s
• Create and maintain a supplier database to include key information such as costs, contact details, lead times and MOQ’s
• Raise purchase orders and write Vendor Managed Inventory reports as and when required
• Ensure our Planning and Production teams are kept fully up to speed in expected delivery times
• Be the link between the Supplier and the site to ensure all requirements are achieved
• Utilise our sales projection tool to provide Suppliers with weekly forecasts by SKU
• Measure Supplier performance through scorecards, meeting to discuss outcomes regularly
• Undertake regular stock spot checks on Site and at Supplier’s premises
• Ensure new packaging, and/or amends are communicated clearly, signed off and set up on the Planning and other business systems (NAV, FOPS, RCCP, BOM’s)
• Regularly attend meetings to report on KPI’s, stocks, waste, and any issues which may impact on food safety, health & safety, productivity, service levels and/or impact the P&L.
• Support the Business in its long term strategic goals around CI, Systems, ways of working and cost reduction. Support the Supply Chain.
• Deputise for the Procurement Manager in times of need
Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree calibre
• Food industry (FMCG own label)
• Customer facing ability
• Experience of scheduling and buying
• Using MRP (Materials Replenishment Planning) systems
• Strong Excel skills
• Ability to negotiation, and build long lasting working relationships
• Planning and organisation
• Articulate communicator
• Attention to detail
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 14 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.