PA to Executive
PA to Executive
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a PA to provide administrative and secretarial support within a large public sector organisation. The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role and have strong administrative skills and confidentiality knowledge. You will be responsible for providing comprehensive, confidential, professional, effective and efficient administrative, organisational and secretarial support services from diary and meetings management to activities that support in the strategic delivery of respective portfolio areas.
The duties of the role include:
- Provides a comprehensive range of secretarial services including but not limited to minute taking, word processing, audio and copy typing, filing, photo copying, mail sorting and delivery, document collations and distribution. Welcomes visitors, escorting to and from locations and providing a professional reception and hospitality service.
- Receives/reviews incoming correspondence/communication, electronic or manual, assesses urgency, prioritises and provides appropriate response on behalf of the team, initiating action where appropriate.
- Researches and retrieves information as required prior to determining allocation. Reviews and monitors the action taken and identifies any in action for resolution and maintaining an auditable system.
- Obtains, collates and as appropriate summarises information required by assembling any subsequent papers, using any research/fact finding methodologies to obtain relevant information.
- Actively contributes to and supports the application of corporate systems and processes including correspondence management, corporate filing systems and annual corporate scheduling programme.
- Anticipates and addresses the provision of materials, technology and resources required for meetings / boards.
- Provides a comprehensive administrative support for meetings, ensuring that deadlines and standards in relation to procedure and content are adhered to. Undertakes specific projects in line with portfolios producing briefing papers/presentation documents.
- Organises meetings, conferences and events providing support services and subsequent actions as necessary including contacting guest speakers and arranging venues. As and when required, arranges short notice travel and hotel accommodation through the appropriate sources, providing detailed itinerates of the arrangements,
- Performs such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Must possess an excellent word processing ability.
- Fully conversant at a full range of office procedures, computer literate in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint alongside excellent knowledge of Outlook email, scheduling software and internet skills.
- Good level of education and a GCSE in English or equivalent.
- Significant experience in a Personal Assistant role supporting at an executive level with experience of developing and continuously improving a range of high quality administrative, secretarial and office systems.
- Conversant with office procedures and customer liaison best practice. Responding to the needs of a range of customers at a variety of levels on both routine and non-routine matters.
- Previous Experience of arranging meetings/conferences, managing diaries and proactively making arrangements to meet the requirements of Chief Officers and senior officers from other organisations.
- This is a fast paced role demanding a high level of discretion which requires excellent attention to detail and a flexible and responsive approach.
- Minute taking, audio and copy taking skills. Short/speed writing skills.
- Assertiveness and the ability to remain calm in difficult situation.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan ahead taking responsibility for decisions made, with the ability to respond positively to changing information / environment.
Job Type: Temporary (3 months)
Hours of Work: Full Time 37 hrs a week
Please call Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.