Prestige Recruitment are working with our prestigious client, a well-established and progressive food manufacturer for the role of NPD Manager. Our client is passionate about what they do and about doing it well. They take pride in high quality and delicious food. They see their people as one of the key ingredients, seeing them as a critical role in driving the continued success of the business.
The Role -
It will be your role to develop and launch new and/or upgraded product concepts, project managing these concepts through the development process to launch on time and to cost, ensuring that Quality standards are upheld. Building relationships with key stakeholders within the customer base and internally so as to be on the forefront of customer briefs and NPD teams. With existing Food Manufacturing experience, you will play an instrumental part in driving new products through the creative development process from concept to launch.
Duties & Responsibilities -
• To ensure the business is at the forefront of innovation and aware of new competitor launches and current food trends
• To ensure that all new products are developed in line with product briefs.
• To clearly communicate development briefs (product, price and technical requirements) to site and have constant communication through the entire development process
• To ensure that all raw materials sourced are in line with preferred suppliers & customer brand standards
• Ensure that all products developed are in line with company strategy
• Ensure that all developments are well communicated to all internal functions
• Ensure all customer NPD plans are regularly reviewed & updated
• Work hands-on in the kitchen where required
• Carry out all necessary benchmarking activity on a regular basis
• Attend/Lead innovation, brainstorming & ingredient workshops when required
• To have a strong awareness of consumer trends - work closely with marketing to improve customer insight
The Person -
This role would suit a graduate with a Food Science or related qualification who has previous experience in a similar NPD management role where you have demonstrated a talent for developing creative new products, confidently presenting ideas and crafting fantastic relationships with your customers. Self-motivation and bundles of initiative are essential if you want to make your mark in this challenging role. You'll also need to have excellent communication, organisation and project management skills and will have previous experience of leading a small team to reach set targets.
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for further information. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.