Multi Skilled Engineer
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Engineer to work within a large manufacturing organisation in the Hull area. Our client is a household name in the UK, dealing with multiple customers within the foodservice sector.
Work as part of a multi-disciplined team carrying out first line maintenance tasks and improvements on equipment throughout the factory efficiently and effectively. Provide feedback on completed tasks into the engineering maintenance system to ensure equipment histories and costs are kept up to date and to enable follow up work to be identified and planned. Maintain all aspects of the plant relating to electrical, mechanical, control, and automation, to ensure reliability, integrity, and efficiency.
Responsibility and Accountabilities
Complete designated tasks efficiently and effectively and to a high standard of quality.
· Consider all implications when carrying out designated tasks to minimise wasted time and materials.
· Have a “Fix it right, now” work ethic and use Root Cause Analysis to determine the underlying reasons behind problems and failures and act on the findings.
· Be observant at all times when in the plant and report any deficiencies that cannot be rectified by you to your Line Manager.
· Provide and implement ideas to improve manufacturing, efficiency and equipment reliability.
· Work safely, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work. Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
· Work in liaison with other departments as required and provide support and assistance where possible.
· To identify through knowledge and analysis, areas that will contribute to improved product quality or plant efficiency.
· Minimum two years experience within a maintenance department.
· Managing safely and Intermediate food hygiene.
· Practical engineering experience including legislation.
· Up to City & Guilds level 3 in relevant discipline.
· NVQ L2/3 or equivalent in relevant discipline.
· ONC or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
· Multi-skilled qualification in opposite discipline (NVQ L2 / City & Guilds).
· Broad knowledge of modern maintenance techniques.
· Wide ranging knowledge of engineering practical fundamentals.
· ‘Allen Bradley’ / Rockwell Automation PLC / HMI / programming.
· Health and Safety - IOSH qualified.
· Drive results
· Approach work positively with a ‘can do’ attitude.
· Act on own initiative without being prompted.
· See’s things through to completion.
· Is aware of own strengths and development needs.
· Takes responsibility for own development needs.
· Displays drive and purpose
· Demonstrates focus, energy and persistence to achieve objectives despite obstacles.
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency to implement and support improvements in own work areas.
· Makes smart decisions
· Uses intuition, rational thinking and sound judgement in analysing and resolving issues.
This role is based on a shift basis to incorporate day and nights. There is a generous salary on offer dependant on experience and is available on a temporary or permanent basis.
To apply for this position please submit a full CV. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.