Mechanical Project Engineer
We are currently representing our Client, a machining manufacturer based in Hull, to recruit a Mechanical Project Engineer to join their Engineering team.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
• To provide systems design and project engineering services in support of the development, award and delivery of BHS solutions for existing and new customers
Responsible to the Lead Mechanical Project Engineer or project allocated Project Manager for engineering on projects which includes but not limited to the following:
- Systems engineering
- Steelwork coordination
- Civil coordination
- Electrical coordination
- Preparation & issuing of design information to operations and procurement.
- Preparation of relevant project documentation
- Preparation & issuing of installation information
- Creation of bespoke safe operating procedures
- Creation of detailed phasing plans / philosophies enabling systems to be built within a live airport environment
- Carry out detailed mechanical site surveys for specific current projects and potential future works enabling system designs can be fully implemented
• When proficient in Project engineering role, mentoring and technical guidance of engineering trainees.
• Following project briefs and detailed project scopes and deliverables
• Site interface with project client with regards to all design matters
• Liaison with 3rd party suppliers with regards to all technical specifications
• Assisting the project manager with gaining project approvals to align with the project programme.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience in the Airport Baggage Handling environment is advantageous
• Fluent with AutoCad is essential
• 3D Navis Works
• Inventor (preferred but not essential)
• Revit (desirable)
• An understanding of current CDM Regulations (2015)
• Ability to learn new CAD packages as required
KEY COMPETENCIES TO UNDERTAKE ROLE
• Able to form strong and effective relationships with customers and stakeholders by demonstrating a high level of integrity and professionalism and exceeding expectations by proactively responding to project demands
• Quick problem solving skills and reactive engineering is essential to enable phasing solutions to be designed and implemented.
• Must have confident decision making ability
• Receptive to ideas and able to think laterally to create options and solutions. Has a common sense approach to evaluating alternatives, impacts and risks and makes or seeks decisions based on sound judgement
• Familiar with the application of information technology and systems in general business and operational environments and fully conversant in how these capabilities can be practically harnessed to improve project performance and delivery
• Remains aware at all times of the business benefits to be derived from the project and be aware of the commercial requirements and sensitivities to be managed from both the business and customer perspectives
• Able to listen and respond to the needs of the customer and the team and present information in a clear, effective and persuasive manner both orally and in writing
• Able to command respect and to motivate individuals and teams through strong leadership, organisational and relationship building skills
• Possesses a high level of drive and energy and an overriding commitment to succeed. Demonstrates by example a strong belief in teamwork, honesty and fairness
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 14 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.