Materials Management Assistant
Materials Management Assistant
Hull based – NHS Band 2 (Hull Royal/Castle Hill)
Monday to Friday
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Minimum 2 years’ NHS experience
Visit ward areas to replenish stocks on a daily basis, produce reports, maintain relevant records, to deal with customers on a daily basis.
Knowledge and Skills
Communication and Relationship Skills
- Communicates with ward staff at all levels and all other relevant staff.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with other organisations NHS Logistics and suppliers.
- Maintains communication with the Materials Management Supervisor.
- Informing Materials Management Supervisor of any sensitive issues.
- Resolve customer queries and complaints by telephone.
Knowledge, Training and Experience
- Understand the purchasing procedures in relation to standards, policies and financial responsibilities of the Trust.
- Have a detailed understanding of the software package used to purchase goods.
- Understand in detail how to download information using the electronic bar-code readers.
- Ensure goods are in the correct location to achieve optimum stock holding
- Responsible for the maintenance of records associated with this service.
- Carry out regular reviews of the areas managed.
- Date entry of all paper requisitions submitted to the department on a daily basis
- Have regard for Trust procedures and authorisation levels.
- Data entry on excel spreadsheets on a daily basis
- Understand and use other purchasing packages within the department.
- Have a minimum of 2 years NHS experience
- Qualified to at least NVQ level 2 in customer service.
- Action discrepancies having regard for their urgency.
- Any other duties relevant to the grade within the Finance Department as may be required from time to time.
Analytical and Judgement Skills
- Ensure stock is rotated, documenting all out of date stock
- Make ward staff aware of out of date stock, record and remove.
- Maintain stock levels as agreed, highlighting areas that have insufficient stock, ensuring the ward staff are aware.
- Produce reports and analyse trends, discuss and recommend revised stock levels.
Planning and Organisational Skills
- Plans daily workload, having regard for delivery timescales.
- Prioritise workload in line with the urgency of the goods.
Responsibilities for Patient/Client
- Understanding of a wide range of products.
- Suggest alternative products, recommend substitutes when goods are unavailable
Responsibilities for Policy/Service Development
- Ensure that all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to
- Works within departmental policies and procedures.
Responsibilities for Financial and Physical Resource
- Responsible for the replenishment of goods
- Advise the most appropriate place to stores goods having regard for security and accessibility
- Responsible for organising returns and monitoring credits.
Responsibilities for Human Resources
- Assists with the day-to-day supervision of the replenishing staff.
Responsibilities for Information Resources
- Deal with request for reports, producing expenditure details and product usage figures, presentation information to ward staff for discussion.
- Interrogating systems for detailed information in relation to deliveries and non-deliveries.
- Investigating incorrect deliveries
- Responsible for data entry, sending information by e-mail, excel spreadsheets and producing paper copies.
Responsible for Research and Development
- Participates in audit within their own area.
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please send your CV to [email protected] or call the Commercial team on 01482 382 306 if you have any queries.
Due to the high volume of CVs we are currently receiving, we are unable to reply to each application. If you have not heard from us within 10 days, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note: Prestige Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer with 30 years of service within the recruitment & staffing sector.