Prestige Recruitment are currently recruiting for Machine Operatives.
Our client has been the industry leader in kitchen manufacturing for both the UK and US markets for 35 years, and has now become the UK's fastest growing designer, manufacturer and retailer of fully assembled kitchen cabinets.
• Cutting quartz worksurfaces using Saw machinery
• Edge polishing of quartz surfaces to dimensions for fabrication
• Undertake the CNC cutting of quartz surfaces to accurate dimensions for fabrication
• Working to production drawing and templates
• Undertake the operation of machinery and hand power tools
• Clean & maintain machinery & tools
• Machine setting and operating
• Maintain high standards of housekeeping and organisation within the department
• Performing visual and dimensional quality inspection checks.
• Provide training and support to colleagues as required by the department manager
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the manager or supervisor
• Adhere to stated policies and procedures regarding Health and Safety in the workplace
• Adhere to procedures regarding the proper use and care of equipment and materials associated with the role
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
• Previous experience of operating machinery and hand power tools
• Previous experience of worktop manufacture
• CNC experience
• Knowledge of cutting tools
• Ability to work towards tight deadlines and targets
• Knowledge of Quartz and other solid surfaces
• Experience of working within a fast paced and demanding manufacturing environment
• Ability to interpret dimensions from drawings, templates and formers
• Experience of machine maintenance
• Flexibility, commitment and punctuality
Salary will vary dependant on skill.
Working hours are 7am - 3.30pm Monday to Friday.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd is an award winning, independent recruitment agency, currently celebrating 25 years of recruiting excellence, and with offices throughout Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and East Anglia. Please see our website for more information.
Please note that Prestige Recruitment are acting as an employment agency on behalf of the client.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply for the role please submit your application along with a covering letter stating your current situation and salary expectation.