Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting a Lottery Ambassador to work in a charitable organisation to cover areas including Molescroft, Driffield, Market Weighton and up to Bridlington. This is a temporary, full time posting and is due to begin as soon as possible.
1. Working to set targets and within a designated geographical area, inspire and recruit new supporters/players to the weekly membership lottery scheme through door-to-door, in-store and event promotion throughout Hull, the East Riding of Yorkshire and other areas for a third party.
2. Liaise with other face-to-face teams also working within the geographical areas to ensure a co-ordinated approach to working.
3. Actively promote all other Lottery activities and other schemes as requested by the Lottery Manager and/or Lead Field Advisor.
4. Act as a promotional event leader, supervising, motivating and developing event/promotional volunteers in order to work together promoting and offering all Lottery products and any other schemes requested to members of the visiting public ensuring each event is profitable.
5. Act as an ambassador on behalf of the company and Your Charity Lottery taking care to enhance the organisation’s reputation, promote both lottery and organisational key messages in line with the charities marketing strategy.
6. Be an active member of the Lottery team contributing ideas, providing feedback (particularly on event marketing and promotion, door-to-door issues, best practice) and supporting other team members.
7. Work with the Lottery Manager to further develop all services, in particular the face-to-face service available to other charities, in accordance with development plans.
8. Ensure all activity is carried out in accordance with the Fundraising Code of Practice and the Gambling Act 2005.
Door to door
1. Actively recruit new members to the Lottery Game through door-to-door canvassing, in a designated geographical area and according to agreed performance targets.
2. Record details of supporters ensuring all fields on the membership application are completed accurately and neatly and are kept safe and secure at all times and in accordance with organisational guidelines in relation to Information Governance and the Data Protection Act.
3. Be responsible for the collection, reconciliation and banking of all money obtained through weekly canvassing and promotional activity.
4. Collect subscriptions from various non-payers as instructed by the Lottery Manager or their deputy.
5. Actively promote and offer the chance to purchase Weekly Draw Tickets and Scratch Cards to members of the public in a designated geographical area designated by the Lead Field Advisor and according to agreed performance targets.
Community Event/Promotional Activity
1. Source, organise and work Community Events/Promotional Activity within a designated geographical area designated and, where necessary, head up a volunteer team offering local people the chance to join the membership scheme, purchase Weekly Draw Tickets, Scratch Cards and any other Lottery activity.
2. Work with the Lottery Manager and Volunteers Department to recruit, train and develop new volunteers.
3. Liaise with the Community Fundraiser when sourcing and planning event opportunities.
The ideal candidate:
• To hold a current and valid driving licence with access to a car or other means of transport.
• Previous experience in a sales or promotional role
• Experience and ability to work well within a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work using own Initiative
• Ability to self-motivate and motivate others within a team
• Eager and enthusiastic approach to sales and customer service
• Enthusiastic approach to targeted and incentivised performance working
• Ability to work under the company values: united we will be passionate, positive and professional
Hourly rate of pay: £8.67 per hour
Mileage rate: 30p per mile
Hours of work: Various hours available (flexible hours to be worked, will include evenings and weekend working)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.