We are currently employing Line leaders to work at one of our clients based on Sutton Fields. Our client is a very busy meat factory that focuses on the production of sausages and burgers. Due to their continued success and growth they are now looking for line leaders to join their current team.
This job role will include working in a cold environment.
- Organising the deployment of staff to monitor and drive production to meet efficiency and yield standards.
- Ensure machinery is clean, has been assembled correctly and is ready for safe/efficient operation at the start of shift and throughout the working shift.
- Ensuring all raw materials, ingredients, packaging and labels are available to meet the production plan in full and on time
- Promoting good housekeeping practices and ensuring that waste/rubbish is removed from the department in a timely manner
- Minimising the wastage of product, packing and consumables
- Reporting to management any issues which may impact on food safety, health & safety, productivity and service levels
- Ensure employees do not undertake any task unless they have received the relevant and documented training.
- Manage the employees authorisation of breaks in line with company policy
- Ensure KPI targets are monitored and achieved
- Attend daily management meetings
- Conduct regular competency checks and performance reviews for all employees ensuring further training takes place where necessary
- Identify bottlenecks within the process and facilitate root cause analyses/structured problem solving with team members
- Team/Line Leader or Supervisor previous experience
- Experience operating machines preferable within a manufacturing environment
- Ideally completed NVQ Level 2 or above in manufacturing/food environment related subjects.
- Computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong appreciation of safety working practices
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic and demonstrates a ‘can do attitude’
- Ability and knowledge of the people processes needed to build high performing teams
- Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
- Able to demonstrate a high level of flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- Leadership skills
- Team work
- Excellent organisation skills
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal in English (G.O.R)
This is working on a 4on/4off shift pattern working 12 hours shifts with days and nights available.
Pay rate is £8.79 per hour.
If you are interested please forward a current CV to [email protected]