Laboratory Technician (Shifts)
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to work within a large manufacturing organization in the Hull area.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of food production processes, QC and QA experience and knowledge of analytical and microbiological analysis techniques.
• To assume responsibility for safety of self and others whilst at work ensuring that all requirements as laid down in the Company’s policy are implemented in order to fulfil all legislative requirements
• Sample and carry out a range of Analytical and Microbiological analysis on Finished Product and In Process samples
• Calibration of analytical equipment as required
• Interpretation of results and the instigation of appropriate action including out of spec reports
• Carry out quality control and housekeeping inspections and advise supervisor or relevant Managers of any issues arising from such
• To ensure that all standards and requirements of the quality system pertaining to the Laboratory are adhered to
• To collate fermentation quality & process information reports
• Ensure highest standards of analysis and hygiene are maintained
• Make Laboratory Supervisor or relevant Managers aware of any quality problems
• Ensure accuracy of data at all times
• Specifically highlight any Food Safety or product quality concerns resulting from Packing QA inspections
• Ensure all paperwork associated with in process and product analysis is accurate, representative and clearly legible
Skills and Knowledge:
• HND or equivalent in Food Science or related subject
• Knowledge of food production processes
• QC and QA experience
• Knowledge of analytical and microbiological analysis techniques
• Experience of working within a quality system environment
• A proven track record of Laboratory work
• IT skills – Good working knowledge of spreadsheets (Microsoft products)
Job Type: Fixed Term (10 months)
Hours of Work: Full time (Shift Pattern)
Please call Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.