IT Network Engineer
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a temporary Network Engineer. We are seeking an ambitious individual who wants an opportunity to launch their IT career; with opportunities for training, qualifications, personal development and real responsibility for delivering excellent quality IT solutions and support for our clients customers.
The role of Network Engineer to be based on a customer site in the Hull area, working as part of a project team delivering a complete infrastructure replacement for a customer. This role will offer a variety of challenges. The successful candidate will be required to be self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
The duties of this role include:
- Configuration and Deployment of network switches
- Configuration and Deployment of wireless access points
- Network troubleshooting
- Network patching
- Switch firmware patching
- Dell Open Manage deployment and configuration
The ideal candidate:
- Applicants for this Network Engineer role should be ambitious individuals with a strong work ethic and proven record of accomplishment with delivery network infrastructure projects.
- You must relish having real responsibility and further your career.
- This is a dynamic position within a fast-growing organisation.
- As a Network Engineer you will be joining a growing and experienced team in supporting a wide variety of technologies, with a specific focus on supporting the deployment and roll out of a large network infrastructure across multiple sites in the Hull area.
- This is a customer-facing role, candidates must be highly presentable and possess excellent face to face communication skills when needed.
- Minimum of 4 years’ IT experience in a corporate or services environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Experience of AeroHive Hive Manager and Access Point configuration and deployment
- Dell Networking N series and S Series switch deployment, configuration and management (including stack configuration and VRRP)
- Experience of Virtual Link Trunking (VLT) and Virtual Core Switching
- Dell Open Manage deployment, configuration and implementation
- IPSec Site to Site VPN configuration, deployment and management
- Good written and spoken English
- HP, Dell Hardware experience
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Driving license and own transport essential
Salary: 35k to 40k per annum (DOE)
Hours of Work: Full –time, Monday to Friday.
Term: Temporary for 8 weeks (possibility of extension)
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.