Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for an Intake Supervisor to work in TADCASTER, on a TEMP/ONGOING basis.
SHORT INTRODUCTION TO THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading potato supplier who have being established for more than 85 years. They produce a range of pre-packed options including washed and unwashed into retail and wholesale outlets.
Hours of Work:
Mon-Fri DAYS: 6am (or 7 or 8) -5pm
Predicted length of term: TEMP/ ONGOING
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
To manage a designated team of Operators and drivers to support the operation to achieve the daily production plan. To ensure trailers are tipped on time and in full. To maintain and record all material movements into and out of stores.
You will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
1. CUSTOMER SERVICE – to support the pack-house for achievement of the production plan by adherence to a grading / splitting plan.
2. STOCK MANAGEMENT – to ensure that all stock takes are carried out accurately and anomalies are resolved. All deliveries are put away and paperwork is passed on to the office.
3. QUALITY – Responsible for quality of data accuracy in terms of material stock holding and material movements. Uphold and promote the quality standards, including control of foreign bodies. Managing the effectiveness of the “clean as you go” policy.
4. CULTURE DEVELOPMENT –To continuously inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives.
5. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT – To co-operate with all relevant parties to ensure that the skills & training requirements of the team are addressed. To manage, coach & motivate a team to achieve shared business objectives. To manage the breaks effectively.
6. HEALTH AND SAFETY – To contribute towards maintaining high health and safety standards in the area of responsibility and to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures. To promote safer driving on site and report all incidents. To ensure that site security is never compromised by locking access routes out of hours.
To co-operate with the completion of audit schedules.
7. INNOVATION / IMPROVEMENT – to promote continuous improvement and as part of the team proactively seek new & improved methods of working to increase efficiency or reduce the environmental impact of the overall production process.
8. PROBLEM SOLVING – to participate in problem solving & trouble shooting in an attempt to identify root causes & take fast & effective responses to problems.
9. TEAM-WORKING - To work collaboratively with other teams / functions in undertaking these responsibilities.
Practice what you Preach
Practice what you Preach
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Organisational and delegation skills to achieve agreed targets
• Problem solving ability to resolve issues
• Improvement methodologies
• Effective communication
• Flexible and adaptable approach
• Understanding of warehousing operations
• Behavioural Safety awareness / Risk Assessment experience
• Basic Food Hygiene Qualification
• IOSH Managing Safely
Working to health and safety, environmental and other standards as they apply to the Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd is an award winning, independent recruitment agency, currently celebrating 25 years of recruiting excellence, and with offices throughout Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and East Anglia. Please see www.prestige-recruitment.com for more information.
Please note that Prestige Recruitment are acting as an employment agency on behalf of the client.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply for the role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of candidates compiled to provide to our client. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.