Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for an ICT Technician to work within a public sector organisation. The ideal candidate will be able to undertake second-line ICT support work, in accordance with the ICT Service Catalogue, with a focus on returning users to ‘business as usual’ as quickly as possible.
They should be able to identify and resolve the underlying causes of ICT incidents to reduce the number of future occurrences.
The ideal candidate must have the following -
• Knowledge of networking hardware and is able to make minor configuration changes and understands networking protocols, including those used by emergency services.
• Can commission and install a wide range of ICT equipment and software, including services used in an operational setting.
• Detailed knowledge of computer based hardware and peripherals to component level.
• Thorough understanding of a range of operating systems installed on desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile telephones and similar and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Server environment.
• Working knowledge of ICT security settings around Active Directory, Group Policy, anti-virus and multi-factor authentication.
• Understand and contributes towards the security framework required under relevant Codes of Connection for secure networks.
• Ability to quickly learn new skills and apply them effectively, particularly around rapidly changing technology.
• Diagnosis, tenacity, patience analytical skills to fault find.
• Well-developed communications skills to provide meaningful feedback to users.
• Is able to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to resolve ICT issues and implement new services.
• Has a good understanding of ITIL processes and has a professional commitment to delivering support through this framework.
Full time – 37 hours per week
Temporary with a view that this could become permanent for the right candidate.
Please call Michelle at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.