Based in Hull, HU3
12 month fixed term contract
Monday to Friday, 37.5hrs per week
Prestige Recruitment are working exclusively with Hull City AFC to look for an experienced HR Manager to join and lead a small HR team at a high profile organisation on a 12 month FTC. The successful candidate will work closely with senior managers across the organisation, overseeing and developing policies and procedures which will support the organisation’s goals, whilst promoting a positive working culture for employees.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the HR function for Hull City Football Club and SMC
- Prepare and ensure compliance of all HR policies in line with the staff handbook and ensure the companies conform with all employment legislation
- Manage electronic HR personnel files on the Sage HR system ensuring regular updating
- Manage employee relations including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy
- Assist with applications for UK Right to Work documents, visas etc.
- Attend and contribute to regular Management Meetings providing updates and information on staffing levels
- Provide and collate Board reports
- Ensure mental health awareness and general 1st aid at work training is provided across three sites
- Provide staff welfare support.
- Advise and support department managers in relation to the terms and conditions of employment, staffing issues, restructuring and succession planning.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary to mitigate disputes
- Maintain and support staff training and development, including management of the Apprenticeship Levy, and liaise with training providers, apprentices and cohorts
- Provide training reports, absence reports and staffing updates
- Liaise with payroll to ensure correct salaries, bonuses and expenses are actioned.
- Manage the disciplinary process and the grievance process in line with company policies and procedures, and conduct and record all relevant meetings, and prepare related correspondence
- Oversee and record the staff appraisal process
- Provide advice and support to the HR Advisor related to the recruitment process.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation
- Verification of on-line applications for DBS checks and member of Safeguarding Steering Group.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of Level 5 CIPD qualification (Essential)
- Significant experience in a HR role 5 years (Essential); 2 years in a HR Manager role (Preferred)
- Experience with Oracle HR (Preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of HR best practice, HR related policies and procedures and UK employment law legislation
- People management experience, with good coaching and mentoring skills
- The safeguarding and welfare of our players is paramount and as such this position may be subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
What can we offer you?
- 20 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), increasing to a maximum of 30 days plus BH’s with years of service
- 20% off in store at Tiger Leisure
- 2 x season cards for you and/or your family to attend Hull City home games (following probation)
- Free on-site parking
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please send your CV to [email protected] or call the Commercial team on 01482 382 306 if you have any queries.
Due to the high volume of CVs we are currently receiving, we are unable to reply to each application. If you have not heard from us within 10 days, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note: Prestige Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer with 30 years of service within the recruitment & staffing sector.