Health Safety and Environment Adviser
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a part time Health, Safety and Environmental Adviser to work within a large manufacturing organisation with a fantastic reputation in the local area. The candidate will be passionate about HS and Environment, be analytical, a good communicator with strong influencing skills. Resilient. Self-motivated with good planning and organizing skills.
- Assists the HS&E manager in preparation, review and updating of policies and procedures relating to HS&E
- Supports leadership in conducting/reviewing risk assessments and workplace HS&E inspections.
- Conduct audit of HS & E processes:
o Internal - management systems and procedures
o External – waste contractors.
- Internal Communications:
o Maintain site HS&E notice boards
o Chair site HS&E committees
o Attend Group HS&E meetings as required
- Site Waste Management:
o Co-ordinate waste management practices
o Conduct validation of contractor Permits/licences
o Specifying/Ordering of PPE
o Perform fit testing and training
- Co-ordinate noise, vibration and air monitoring activities
- Internal exposure and external emission monitoring
- Manage site pest control contracts
- Co-ordinate external contract surveys:
- Emergency Response :
o Maintain site emergency response folder
o Maintain fire extinguisher contract
o Manage fire response team
o Maintain site first aid cover and supplies
- Support and review HS & E incident investigation, reporting and close out of corrective actions
- Provision of HS&E training – general awareness and specific training where required.
- Arrange mobile plant training
- Collect, interpret and report safety and environmental data –sirt, riddor, dashboard, Climate Change Agreement, environmental metrics.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required commensurate with the grade of the position.
Required experience and knowledge:
- Experience in a previous HS&E role and knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation essential. Preferably from a technical or engineering background and with knowledge of ISO/OHSAS management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Qualifications and professional membership: Health and Safety - Preferably holding Graduate IOSH membership status but as a minimum working towards NEBOSHH Diploma in Health and Safety
Job Type: Temporary 3 months’ with an immediate start
Salary: £30,000 (Pro Rate)
Hours: 3 days a week (flexible)
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.