Health and Safety Coordinator
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently supporting our client to recruit a Health and Safety Coordinator. The business is a well known name and this role will be primarily based on the outskirts of Hull in Preston.
Within the busy Health and Safety team this role is to provide efficient and effective Health and Safety support to the business ensuring the maintenance, implementation and development of Health and Safety systems and processes.
- Carry out workplace H&S Assessments ensuring that they are carried out in line with legislation and updated and reviewed when necessary.
- Manage the records relating to the above assessments ensuring that they are complete and up to date at all times.
- Organise and assist in the reviewing of risk assessments after accidents/incidents.
- Deliver in-house training and inductions ensuring all relevant areas of H&S are conveyed via an appropriate medium i.e. language, handbooks, presentation etc.
- Liaise with the Group H&S Coordinator in respect of updates and changes in the H&S policies and procedures.
- Conduct a full and thorough investigation of accidents that occur on site.
- Ensure all accidents or near misses are recorded correctly and in their entirety in the appropriate books and documentation.
- Liaise with Departmental Supervisors and Human Resources regarding new starters.
- Liaise with the Technical department to ensure that production records are correct.
- Mentor and coach people.
- NeBosh Certificate.
- IOSH member.
- Hazard Identification RA/SWP Accident Investigation, Manual Handling (MAC/ART/RAPP).
- Competent with Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Previous experience working in a Heath & Safety role.
- Ensures the team are adequately trained and that personal and technical skills are developed.
- Actively promotes and communicates appropriate health and safety behaviours and environmental awareness.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.