Health And Safety Advisor
- To provide support, advice and guidance on all matters relating to health & safety and environmental management.
- To advise on the likely environmental impact of related activities and any action needed to minimise harmful effects.
- Review and develop policies and procedures on all aspects of health & safety and environmental issues, ensuring compliance with legislation and best practice. Develop and maintain effective monitoring and audit systems to continuously improve health, safety and environment performance standards.
- Carry out inspections and surveys and, where necessary, take enforcement action to ensure compliance with health, safety and environment legislation.
- Supervise the monitoring, recording and analysis of safety and environmental information and provide regular reports for managers on progress with suitable advisement on areas for improvement.
- Represent our client at meetings with external bodies, regional boards, local authorities etc., in connection with health & safety and environmental issues.
Experience and Skills required:
- NEBOSH general certificate
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of health & safety and environmental legislation with the ability to interpret that legislation, safety guidance and other technical material.
- Communication skills both written and verbal at a level appropriate to enable the effective performance of the main tasks, together with experience of producing detailed technical reports and letters. Also, for designing, preparing and delivering presentations.
- Experience of undertaking detailed health & safety investigations and inspections.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Hours - Monday to Friday office hours
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.