Flexible Despatch Clerk
Flexible Despatch Clerk
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Despatch Clerk to work within a large transport and logistics company in Goole. The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role and have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
- To ensure that the despatching/loading module is kept up to date in accordance with the site processes.
- Efficiently and accurately despatch deliveries with any relevant delivery paperwork or other required information.
- To utilise customer systems to update despatch or delivery information where required.
- Monitor the return of empty equipment from deliveries.
- To ensure the delivery point and any necessary customer or 3rd party contact are made aware of taste deliveries or loading delays.
- Directing drivers to the correct locations on arrival at site as required.
- Complete customer or ESL KPl's where required.
- To escalate issues to the Senior Transport Clerk or Assistant Transport Manger where unable to resolve.
- To keep up to date with news items and process updates as detailed on the ESL intranet system.
- Making sure the correct trailer numbers are inputted into Isotrak for trailer tracking.
- Monitor the service board to make sure the correct week number is on the correct trailer for depot trailers and Monitor and action any driver line calls for the depot
- Liaise with drivers on the gate communication system to make them aware of site procedures before entering site.
- Liaise with the planning team to make sure all deliveries are collected on time.
- Liaise with Maxi haulage and the rail team to make the resources are available when required.
- Liaise with warehouse go supply Irish seals and making sure the paperwork is correctly endorsed.
- Issuing the rail team with correct case and cage counts daily.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Equivalent of 5 GCSE Grade C or above
- Experience within a despatch environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Office
- A methodical, adaptable and positive approach to work
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative and cooperates as part of a team
Job Type: Temporary Ongoing
Salary: £10.13 hourly pay
Hours of Work: Flexible between night and day shifts – around 30 hours a week
Please call Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.