Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Finance Officer to work within a large manufacturing company based in Hull. This position of one of the two Finance Officers, reporting to the Financial Controller and working with colleagues throughout the business, offers a great opportunity to develop and expand a financial career across all commercial functions
The role will require cover of both roles within the Finance Department – the list below is not meant to be exhaustive as the employer may require the employee to carry out tasks in addition to and differing from normal duties, provided these tasks are both reasonable and within the employee’s capabilities.
The duties of the role include:
- Preparation of weekly payroll including processing clocking’s, new starters, input onto timesheet, balancing hours, managing changes, leavers, holiday pay, auto enrolment pension and RTI, Completion of Weekly Labour Analysis for the Financial Controller
- Responsible for Sales Ledger Credit Control including daily entering of Sales receipts and responsibility for daily banking
- Purchase invoice matching and processing – to include matching delivery notes to invoices, posting invoices with the help of second Finance Officer and a part time additional assistant
- Responsible for checking Weekly Purchase Ledger Payment Runs
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Preparation of ad hoc reports
- Completion of PL Statement Reconciliations
- Ordering stationery, Managing daily post in and out, General Filing
- Maintaining spreadsheets, Verifying calculations working with the Accounts system
- Assist the financial controller cost accountant with various finance projects and initiatives including Monthly management accounts and departmental budgets
- Liaison with auditors
- Liaison and co-ordination with operational departments
The ideal candidate will have:
- Competent in Excel & Word
- Excellent attitude
- Hard working & reliable
- Excellent time keeping
- Confident and friendly
- Good communicator
- Flexible & a team player
Salary: £21,000/per annum
Please call Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.