Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited are currently representing our FMCG Client – a Poultry Processing Facility, near to Diss. We are looking to recruit a Factory Supervisor to join the team in a new, state of the art manufacturing facility. These are exciting times for expansion with our well-established client.
As a Factory Supervisor you will be accountable for leading the Operations Team to achieve the profit and performance targets set by the business. Drive continuous improvement to maximise operational effectiveness, quality and consistency and efficiencies through the development of people, processes and systems. Enhancing the group strategic pillars and guiding principles as set out. This role requires senior leadership qualities to ensure that all manufacturing aspects are met through the individual unit and cross functional support within the peer group. You will provide day to day management support to your team to ensure that they meet their objectives. You will lead the team to ensure the daily production plan is met safely, to the required line efficiency, product quality, and hygiene standards.
· Lead by example in promoting harmonious working environment in line with the Company’s polices in Equal Opportunities, Harassment and Dignity at Work ethics.
· Be responsible for all activities within the respective Unit.
· Always Operate to the highest attainable safety standards. Instil safety-conscious attitude and work methods into all staff. Monitor and maintain health and safety systems and procedures within area of responsibility.
· Ensure all products meet or exceed the agreed customer specification and quality standards.
· Ensure Units technical and hygiene standards match best in industry.
· Lead and develop the Unit Team; integrating Technical, Engineering, Planning, H&S, HR/ Learning and Development, Procurement, Process Development and services to create focused business units.
· Review the Unit structure to line operations level ensuring appropriate fit.
· Monitor, improve and maintain all customer service levels, both internal and external.
· Optimise production efficiencies, namely output, quality, yield, labour, reducing absenteeism, labour turnover and holiday planning utilisation, packaging usage and utilities.
· Ensure good communication and employee engagement in order to help maintain good industrial relations and improve the overall effectiveness of the business.
· Develop, train, coach and motivate the Team leaders and Operatives, in conjunction with the HR Department.
· Ensure all Team Members are appraised on their performance on an annual basis.
· Maintain and uphold all aspects of Company HR policies, standards of discipline, communication and industrial relations
· Helping our staff to understand the link between their job role and the purposes and objectives of the organisation.
· Advise or recommend any improvements to work methods which could improve productivity, performance or economy of operation
· Report to the Shift Supervisor immediately any occurrence that could affect the finances or security of the Company or put its name into disrepute
The ideal candidate will have:
· Experience within a similar role and/or FMCG environment.
· Minimum of 1 year’s management experience
· Level 2 Food safety and hygiene
· IOSH managing safely training
· Food Safety Level 3
· Food Manufacturing NVQ level2/3
· Numerate and methodical, Works to a high degree of accuracy.
· Interpersonal and communicative skills
· Ability to lead a team
· Sound decision maker
· 28 days holiday (based on 5 days)
· Subsided canteen serving hot breakfast and lunch/dinner
· Free parking
If you feel you have relevant background and experience with good knowledge of Poultry Processing or the Fresh Produce Industry, please submit your CV.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.