Environmental Standards Officer
Environmental Standards Officer
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Standards Officer for a large public sector organisation within the Hull Area. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about the environment and wants to make a difference.
Main Duties include:
- Work in partnership with local stakeholders to deliver on project priorities and aspirations, making a real difference to the lives of people in local communities.
- To carry out monitoring and problem solving work related to service delivery of the waste team. Monitoring will include, but is not limited to street cleanliness standards, waste contamination of recycling bins and waste presentation.
- Develop and facilitate relationships with the local community, to agree and identify environmental priorities, maximising the opportunities of those excluded or disadvantaged socially, culturally or economically to participate and contribute to the local area.
- To support the development and empowerment of community centres and community groups, signposting and supporting stakeholders to access the relevant waste services.
- Collate daily and weekly activity statistics for the waste service, prepare basic reports using spreadsheets and/or databases as appropriate and provide verbal reports on project progress as required.
- Carry out market research, customer feedback and service specific surveys to identify problems and suggest solutions to meet the project priorities and plans.
- To act as the first point of contact for all internal and external project requests from stakeholders with responsibility for early problem resolution through direct access to waste service provision.
- Development and delivery of environmental education programmes to community groups and schools and to coordinate and lead community involvement events within the project area. These will include community adoption projects, environmental improvement schemes, litter picks and other awareness raising scheme relevant to the service.
The ideal candidate must have:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English and Maths (C and above)
- Practical experience of community engagement
- Experience and understanding of Hull City Council recycling schemes
- Experience and willingness to work outside of an office environment
- Experience of dealing with the public
- A proven ability to appropriately handle customer queries and complaints.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, particularly Excel, Access and Word
- Good communication skills, including presentations to groups
- A willingness to work flexibly across daytime and evenings
Term: Fixed Term until 2020
Pay: £19,000 to £20,000
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.