Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently working with our clients for the role of Environment Officer. This role is based at a busy site in Preston. Our client is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Environment Officer to join the busy Health, Safety and Environment team.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the Environment Officer is the first point of contact along with dealing with Regulatory bodies for all environmental issues.
Main duties include:
- Carrying out Environmental Aspects & Impacts assessments in line with legislation and updated and reviewed when necessary.
- Be the first point of contact for all Environmental issues.
- Management and maintenance of the site IPPC permit and certification for “ISO 14001” (Environmental Management System).
- Proactively support the Environmental Management system for the site, driving new Environmental initiatives that will maintain and improve the sites Environmental function.
- Ensure all Environmental issues/reports/complaints are reported and recorded correctly and accurately.
- Assist in carrying out internal H&S and Environment audits and inspections.
- Proactively promote awareness of Environmental issues throughout the site.
- Support the Site HS&E Manager with internal monthly H&S and Environment meetings.
- Conduct a full and thorough investigation of Environmental issues that occur on site, or are reported to site.
- Support the Training Administrator to ensure the training matrix is updated on a regular basis and records correspond accordingly.
- Support the implementation of the Company’s Quality, H&S and Environmental and Ethical policies.
- Be the point of contact and deal with Regulatory bodies for Environmental issues.
- Providing Directors and Senior Managers with appropriate technical support and guidance on environmental & sustainability issues and proactively supporting and improving the site’s environmental systems and processes to ensure compliance with legislative requirements is critical to the role.
- Assist in the completion of accident investigations and reviewing of risk assessments after accidents/incidents.
- Liaise with the Site HS&E Manager in respect of updates and changes in the HS&E policies and procedures.
- Providing assistance to the site H&S Manager with the day to day management of the HS&E function
- Supporting the H&S Manager in site compliance by providing advice and guidance on relevant legal and best practice standards and supporting the sites management team to implement and deliver the required standards whilst supporting a platform for continuous improvement
- Supporting the H&S Manager to implement Quality, H&S and Environmental and Ethical policies will require the successful candidate to stay abreast of updated legislation and best practice and be able to translate this into practical standards
- Carrying out inspections and audits that provide progressive but achievable targets
Hour of work are – Monday to Friday 07.45 – 16.45
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire