Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for an Engineering/Maintenance Manager to join our client, a world leader in their field. This position does not come along often in the company and with a great remuneration package this role really stands out from the norm.
The role –
Manages all engineering and maintenance activities (including design and development) in a rapidly changing environment. As a member of the site leadership team and leader of the engineering and maintenance team will be expected to embrace and lead by the company’s vision and strategy, while effectively meeting engineering, maintenance, business and continuous improvement objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities –
· Manage the engineering and maintenance functions to ensure that safety, equipment uptime, volume, cost, and quality objectives are achieved.
· Responsible for providing leadership, outstanding people skills, development and management to a team of engineering and maintenance employees
· Responsible for installation, maintenance and improvement of equipment and production related systems, managing the use of contractors and consultants as appropriate.
· Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are understood and adhered to.
· Full budgetary responsibility for the department
· Implement and manage continuous improvement principles by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
· Deploy and oversee a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
· Reduce frequency and duration of unplanned failures, while optimizing levels in planned and predictive maintenance.
· Effective management of resources to achieve engineering and maintenance targets, efficiencies and priorities.
· Manage engineering and maintenance employee hours to ensure safe work practices and cost effectiveness.
· Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere.
· Prioritize and delegate work assignments.
· Possess a degree in engineering or an acceptable combination of relevant education and experience. An HND, BTEC Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications will be considered.
· IT skills including SAP (preferred.)
· IOSH Managing Safely (preferred).
· NEBOSH qualified (preferred).
· Lean six sigma manufacturing experience. ISO experience (preferred).
· Manufacturing experience.
· Strong working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD.
· Full UK driving licence.
About you -
· Strong leadership and team building characteristics.
· Effective communication skills.
· Practical hands-on approach to problem solving.
· Personal drive and enthusiasm to achieve results.
· Leading & deciding.
· Supporting & co-operating.
· Analysing & interpreting.
· Organising & executing.
The general working hours are Monday to Friday but out of hours may occasionally be required to support.
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists Hull for more information regarding the role. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 20 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.