Our Client is currently looking for 2 night engineers and 1 day engineer that hold electrical qualifications (electrical bias). Working hours are 4 on 4 off shifts.
- Days- 6am to 6pm
- Nights 6pm to 6am
The key elements of the roles are to drive the Engineering team to continuously improve the availability and reliability of all equipment and produce products in a safe and cost effective manner. Also to assist the Engineering Manager with the maintenance strategy to achieve site and business goals including proactive maintenance.
- To comply with relevant Engineering specifications, and Environmental, Health & Safety policies and current legislation.
- To assist with the implementation plan to deliver the strategy with clear accountabilities, milestones and targets, using best practice tools and techniques.
- Complete/task engineering workload in conjunction with the Engineering Manager and Operations colleagues.
- Facilitation of any staff members involved with operation of the plant has received the appropriate information and instruction as per the manufacturer’s guidance and advice.
- To adhere to Clean as you go mentality. Reduce waste / shrinkage and additional costs where appropriate by protecting both company product stock and equipment in the most efficient and appropriate manner at all times.
- To drive improvements, by working with all departments, to reduce complaints and other non-conformances
- Ensure the company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Undertake planned maintenance tasks as instructed to the relevant engineering and safety standards.
- Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
- To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site are communicated to the Manager.
- To ensure plant and equipment downtime is kept to a minimum.
- To carry out and log planned maintenance schedule as per plan.
- To respond to breakdowns in a time efficient manner
Experience needed for the role:
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing (preferably food related)
- Excellent level of attendance and timekeeping
- Understanding of relevant risk assessments and trained as competent to safe working procedures.
- Understanding and application of hazard identification and near miss reporting
- 20 days of holidays per year
- Open door policy
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 3 free hot drinks a day
- Site supermarket voucher employee recognition scheme
- Monthly JCC (Works Council) & H&S Meetings
- Death in Service Benefit
- Legal and General Pensions Auto Enrollment
- Share Save Scheme
- Overtime paid by minute
Starting pays for the role:
- for the day engineer £35,000, after 3 months £40,000
- for the night engineer £37,500, after 3 months £42,000
Also pay is annually review at the end of March, so there will be potential increase in pay rates both days and nights, before passing probation.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.