Prestige Recruitment are currently recruiting for our client - one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer to join the busy Engineering team at the Preston site.
The main purpose of the role is to maintain the designated plant and equipment sufficiently to enable the business to operate within food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
We are looking for a time served maintenance electrician with NVQ3, ONC or equivalent. The successful candidate should have knowledge of Omron, Lenze and Siemens PLC’s and be confident using a laptop and the relevant software to interrogate and fault find a PLC fault.
The main duties are:
• Maintain plant and equipment to optimum standards safely with minimum downtime
• Liaise with all levels of management across all functions relating to engineering activities on the plan or breakdowns
• Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained
• Ensure that all health and safety and food hygiene procedures are adhered to at all times
• To undertake any training courses as the need of the business dictates
• Ensure the efficient usage of spare parts, consumables and equipment
• Satisfactory completion of the engineering plan, designated areas and equipment
• Routinely test the metal detection equipment and failsafe features
• Carry out planned maintenance on the equipment which includes in depth visual checks to critical machinery components to identify damage and metal on metal contact or wear
• Document PPM checks and record any necessary corrective action
• Ensure that the workshops and engineering equipment are maintained and in a clean condition that this fit for purpose
• Ensure that you have the relevant Legal compliance training completed (in liaison with the Health & Safety, Technical and the Training departments)
• Understand the importance of ensuring that all statutory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety, hygiene standards & customer requirements are met and adhered to
• Understand how to trace faults (route cause analysis)
• Understand the importance of maintenance and performance validation
• Be fully trained in the Manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations, lubrication requirements and critical locations on the equipment
• Trained in good engineering practices to reduce the risk of product contamination
• Contribute to KPIs in quality, health, safety and environment, yields and customer service
• Ensure that all statutory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety & customer requirements are met
• Understand relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, technical specifications, COSHH regulations and developments in H.A.C.C.P systems relevant to the department
• Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act 1990, Site Environmental Permit, company HSE policies, site safety rules, and procedures at all times
• To identify hazards in the workplace and actively take part in the behavioral safety programme.
Note that the list of duties is not exhaustive and is intended for guidance only.
Hours of Work - 4 on 4 off (days) 6:00am-6:00pm
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 14 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.