WE ARE RECRUITING FOR OUR CLIENT WHO ARE THE UK'S LARGEST PORK PROCESSORS AND DUE TO DEMANDS ARE CURRENTLY EXPANDING THEIR TEAMS AND ARE LOOKING TO RECRUIT FOR DESPATCH OPERATIVES.
Have you experience within Food Processing? Are you happy to work with Meat products? Are you self-motivated and hardworking? Are you looking for on-going work full time or part time and the opportunity of a permanent contract? Have you a can-do, positive attitude? If yes then we want to talk to you.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited are recruiting on behalf of our long term client Cranswick Country Foods Preston. The site in Preston, Hull originally dates back to the 1970s Cranswick Bought the facility in the early 1990s which was the start of their venture into retail. Today, Preston is the largest pork processor in the UK and is affectionately known as the heart of our client Cranswick Country Foods, supplying raw material to all their sister sites. With all that in mind our client is looking to invest and expand the team and have numerous immediate opportunities for Despatch Operatives. Successful candidates will be working in a pork processing environment, you will be working on fast-paced lines, and working alongside line leaders in ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day operations in order to fulfil business and department targets, while maintaining product safety and quality standards. We are looking for candidates that are reliable, flexible, self-motivated and hardworking, to which would lead to a permanent opportunity.
What we are looking for:
- Applicants to have good attention to detail for quality control and despatch of customer's orders
- Applicants under the guidance of Supervisors, ensure that each customers specification is followed and any anomalies are reported immediately.
- Applicants must be physically fit due to the nature and responsibilities of the role
- Responsibilities will include Loading and unloading vehicles, Picking orders on NAV and FOPS for despatch, stacking boxes, scanning and labelling.
- Ensure that any despatch requirement set by the supervisors are met; or if this is not possible, shortfalls in stock are reported to the relevant person in a timely manner
- Reliable, well-mannered and have a good absence and timekeeping record
- Conscientious, enthusiastic and willingness towards meeting deadlines
- Work on your own initiative and work well in a team
- Proactive with a desire and attitude to learn and develop
- An excellent attitude towards Health and Safety and will be expected to work at a high standard, Complying with food Safety and Quality procedures at all times
- Experience in picking orders, loading and unloading vehicles is desirable but not essential
We Can Offer:
- £10.30 per hour basic and £12.88 overtime
- Overtime payment of 1 x 1.333 of basic rate after 40 hours worked per week
- Working 12 hour shifts Days & Nights on a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern 06 - 18 / 18 - 06
- Immediate starts following completion of registration and induction
- Regular opportunities to apply for permanent contracts with the client
- 20 days' paid annual leave (including public holidays)